No Resume Required - a FREE site.
Global leader in heat exchangers and thermal transfer solutions primarily for Heavy Duty/Off-Highway, Power Generation, Oil&Gas, Rail, and aftermarket applications. With five operating divisions with facilities in nine locations across North America, Europe, and the Middle East, this company has manufactured over one million heat exchangers in the US, distributed globally. While the company offers broad customer design flexibility in heavy-duty radiators, oil coolers, charge air coolers, and cooling packages, the organization adheres to the highest quality standards and maintains ISO 9001:2008 / TS16949 certification.
The VP of Manufacturing responsible for direction, strategy, planning and execution of the company’s manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides clear functional ownership for manufacturing operations group wide, responsible for the engagement of cross functional activity to ensure correct parts are built at the correct time at the correct cost and are delivered on time
• Responsible for delivery performance & quality across the group
• Responsible to ensure forecasts are met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Manage quality functions and ensure the compliance of activities to required standards
• Ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for quality and responsiveness.
• Work closely with the CEO on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations.
• Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
• Direct all production control, production process development
• Partner with sales team to meet with customers expectations
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS (knowledge, skills and abilities)
• Knowledge of processes and materials used in the manufacture of heat exchangers
• Demonstrated experience in managing remote operating locations, goal setting and management to forecast
• Familiarity with P&L and balance sheet information and ability to convey critical information to the manufacturing organization as required
• 5S, Kaizen experience – more importantly demonstrated ability to focus on added value activity and quality or work undertaken
• Experienced in line side OEM scheduling demands and complex inventory management requirements
• Success deploying commercial components into production with fast time-to-market and cost-sensitivity requirements.
• Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Proven leadership ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (required levels)
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in product engineering, manufacturing engineering, fab management and/or operations of a manufacturing organization in a certified manufacturing environment (ISO, TS).
• Preferred history working within the industrial heat transfer industry
• Demonstrated exposure to P&L and Balance sheet perspective of business performance
• BS in Engineering (EE, ME, Industrial Engineering), preferably with MBA.